Saturday, November 29, 2008

Regressing Progress

It appears that our modern legal system can't deal with pirates.  In the bad old days the law was rationally tailored to deal with this problem.  The reason that the law changed was that the world changed.  The law that is appropriate to deal with this old problem is available but will not be used because of our conceit that we have changed the law because we became better people, morally superior to our ancestors, not that the world has (at least in some parts) become a nicer place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
Was thinking this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/fiesta-party-supplies.html]fiesta Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory