Friday, June 03, 2011

Government that works

I am in New Orleans getting my passport replaced. I have to admit that the people helping me have been as nice as they can be and quite efficient. They are having work done on the lobby and so they were only taking people that had emergencies. They had to bend a few rules to get me in under the guidelines for having an emergency. They were only doing passports for people that were leaving the country in the nest few days but since I have to get a visa from the Afghan embassy in Washington within 11 days it is, considering the efficiency of the embassy, practically up against the drop dead day already.

I will miss that passport. I have been to a lot of pretty cool countries. I can't imagine where it is. I have looked everywhere. On the other hand my room is as clean as it has been since my Mom was able to make me clean it.

No comments: