Tuesday, October 07, 2008

There is something about Obama

There is something about Obama that I don't think anyone has commented on. He has this tendency to frame problems as being simply a matter of telling someone to do some obvious thing that they are already trying to do as if he is the first person to have noticed a problem.  I can't put my finger on exactly what to call it.  It is a sort of know it all little kid kind of thing. I wrote them a letter and told them they should do something about these sub-prime interest loan thing. Well, well, noticed that was a problem?  How cleaver of you.  Don't suggest a solution, don't take any heat. "I wrote them a letter."? I am reminded of the answer he gave about nuclear power, something to the effect that it would support it if but that he had told them they had to do something about the storage problem. --the storage problem?  How nice of you to think of that.  We were going to put it in tupperware and bury it out back.

No comments: