Saturday, September 12, 2009

What did you say Scoob? Mr. Jenkins is a racist?

I could link to an article claiming that the opposition to Obama is based on racism but why bother? It is practically every article.

It reminds me of Scooby Doo. It was a mystery cartoon where there would be this ghost terrorizing the people in an old house (or a monster or something) and in the end Scooby would stumble on to the secret: it would turn out to be old Mr. Jenkins, the kindly caretaker or something who was pretending to be a ghost to scare people away and take over the property himself. Around the time I turned 8 I started to notice that whatever the set up the ending was always the same. someone you had met earlier was faking the whole thing for their personal gain.

That is what every defense of Obama seems like to me now. The good people of the town are terrorized and confused by some clever sounding argument but Scoob stumbles on to the real reason: racism! It doesn't really matter what the set up is. You don't really think John McCain would be a better president, that the government won't run health care any better than it runs the post office, that terrorism isn't best dealt with as a criminal act--the real reason you take these positions is....They're racists!

Like I said, and then I turned 8.

No comments: